Rodent control Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a world-renowned city bustling with exciting destinations like the Staples Center, the Griffith Observatory, the Getty Center, Sunset Boulevard, and so much more. It is home to many people of different ethnicities. Besides the melting pot of residents, it also harbors many disturbing rodents like mice and rats. If you have rodents and are wondering what is the best rodent control Los Angeles has to offer, make sure to check out ClearGate Pest Defense. It is popularly known as the safest and most efficient defender against rodents and other pests. With ClearGate, you will find affordability, safety, and effectiveness. These are the most important things to look for when choosing your pest control service provider.
Why Is Rodent Control Needed in Los Angeles?
In 2019, there was an alarmingly sharp increase in the rodent population in Los Angeles. During those times, some people even called the city “the City of Rats.” Some expert studies link the rodent crisis to climate change. Some people connect it to the sudden increase in the number of homeless persons living in the city. Many people agree that it happened because the city banned effective pesticides because of the harm they supposedly caused to the environment.
Years after, rodents continue to pose a problem in Los Angeles. Schurr High School, located in Montebello, had to cancel its in-person classes in August 2021 because of rodent infestation in the campus. With the threat of different kinds of diseases that rodent infestation could bring, you need to protect your home and workplace. ClearGate’s team of professionals can do it for you in no time.
Types of Rodents that Infest Los Angeles Residents
The most common types of rodents that infest Los Angeles Residents are mice and rats. They spread various diseases in different ways. Viruses can quickly spread through flea bites. In addition, you can get an infection from direct contact, you may also get infected through exposure or contact with rat or mice urine, nests, or feces.
Without effective rodent control, Los Angeles residents may get a rat-bite fever, salmonellosis, tularemia, leptospirosis, HPS or Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome, and the plague, directly. Indirectly, these rodents can give you Babesiosis, Cutaneous Leishmaniasis, La Crosse Encephalitis, Murine Typhus, Powassan Virus, Rickettsialpox, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, West Nile Virus, Colorado Tick Fever, Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis, Lyme Disease, Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever, Scrub Typhus, Relapsing Fever, and Sylvatic Typhus.
What they say about our services
How Do You Know if Your Home or Business Has a Rodent Problem?
It is easy to identify when there is a single rodent infestation at home or in the workplace. It’s even easier to spot the signs if there is a full-blown infestation. However, sometimes the signs can be hard to identify with an untrained eye. Even if you have a hunch that you are harboring rodents at your Los Angeles location you can give us a call to confirm if there is a problem or not. Here are some of the things that you need to watch out for:
- Movement noises. You may hear scampering, screeching, and scratching noises in different parts of the house or workplace. The most common places where you would most likely hear such noises are the attic, inside the walls, and on ceilings.
- Gnawing noises and chew marks. Rodents tend to chew on different things such as wood, wires, food packaging, and cardboard.
- Weird Pets. If your pet is behaving weirdly, it might be more than just seeking attention. An example is when it scratches or barks at a particular part of the wall or floor. You may want to observe closely and investigate as your pet may be trying to tell you something.
- Musk. Rodent infestation is something you can smell, too. It has a distinct musky odor. This can accumulate from urine, feces, body odor, rotting food, and dead prey. You can tell with just the intensity of the smell how bad the infestation is.
- Droppings. Rat and mice droppings are usually dark brown, may be smaller than a grain of rice or as long as ½”, and you can see that it has a pointy end. Use gloves and masks for protection when cleaning up dropping.
- Rotten. Rodents leave a strong, pungent odor that exists when one has died. Be very careful when removing the dead rodent. You may get infected with whatever disease it is carrying. The best choice is to hire a professional company that is certified to work in Los Angeles such as ClearGate Pest and Rodent Control.
Why Do You Need Professional Rodent Control In Los Angeles
If you think that rodent control is an unnecessary expense, you may want to think again. Health is something far more valuable than money. With a rodent infestation, your health, as well as your loved ones’ and pets’ are at risk. Some of these infections may be fatal when left untreated. Think about the doctor’s fee, the inconvenience, as well as the physical and emotional pain that you or your loved ones would experience. Also, keep in mind the amount of havoc and damage rodents can cause and the other pests they can attract.
Here are some of the reasons why you need professional rodent control in Los Angeles:
- Health risks. You may get infected with various diseases and viruses. These diseases may cause fever, vomiting, rashes, headaches, respiratory problems, fatigue, and even neurological problems. In extreme cases, some people lose their lives from multi-organ failure.
- Property damages. Rodents like to chew just about anything. You may find damages on your walls, ceilings, floors, books, furniture, and a lot more.
- Fire hazards. They also like to chew on wires and damaged wires increase fire risks. Fire risks may cause property loss, injury, or even death. Damaged wires may even cause electrocution. Electrocution also causes injury and death, in some cases.
Food wastage due to contamination. Rodents love the kitchen and pantries. After all, that’s where the food is. Once the food gets contaminated, you have no choice but to throw it away. Hopefully, you see the food is tainted and get rid of it before anyone eats it. With the myriad of diseases that eating rodent-contaminated food may bring, it’s not worth saving at all.
Cleargate Rodent Control Is the Best Solution
With a solid track record of successful pest control in hundreds of households and workplaces, you are definitely in good hands with Cleargate Pest Control. You get a rodent-free house or workplace or get your money back. Cleargate gives you a team of experts equipped with the knowledge, skills, and latest technology in pest control. These are experts in different fields so no matter what kind of pest problem you have, Cleargate will solve it efficiently.
Our team of professionals proudly practices Integrated Pest Management (IPM), which is an environmentally friendly approach to rodent and pest control. IPM focuses on the lasting prevention of rodent inhabitation by implementing strategies such as habitat manipulation, biological control, relocation, and eco-friendly but efficient pesticides. We love to educate others about this and can provide more information about IPM and our services if you are interested.
With Cleargate, you will regain control over your house or workplace because what you will get is not just a short-term solution. Our specialists will break the pests’ life cycle so you don’t have to worry about experiencing the same problems again. Enjoy free inspection, on-site assessment, safe and environment-friendly products, and more. Don’t hesitate to request your free Cleargate Rodent Control assessment today in Los Angeles!
There are many other pests and wildlife that we treat. This includes beetles, bees and wasps, silverfish, centipedes, crickets, mites, snails and slugs, stink bugs, weevils, snakes, and many more.